EV Charging Hubs & Fire Safety
EV FireSafe SMEs, Emma Sutcliffe & Dan Fish with Lithium-Ion Safety expert Prof Paul Christensen
No prior knowledge needed
Who should do this course (& why)?
A government installing publicly available EV charging?
A strata wanting to future proof residential or commercial property?
A site manager concerned about EV fire risks at charging?
A fleet manager rolling in EVs for your drivers?
Looking to better understand charging safety for EVs?
Have staff plugging into powerpoints at your site?
Want to install dedicated AC or DC EV charging?
This course provides verified information & sensible advice to build safer EV charging sites!
This course is...
- What's a lithium-ion battery?
- How are they used in electric vehicles?
- Why do they catch fire & what are the hazards?
- How many EV battery fires occur at charging sites?
- When there's a higher risk of EV battery fire
- When to call for emergency help
- How to build safer EV charging site
- Whether you should buy extinguishing products
You'll also step through our Safer Charging, Environment & People method, developed for the Australian Building Code Board's Advisory Notice.
Introducing your expert instructors
Professor Paul Christensen
Your vital first step to building a safer electric vehicle charging site